"Your guide to Oceanside"
Let me assist you finding or selling a home
Another new John Carey home that fits your new lifestyle of comfort, relaxation, and simplicity in a small quiet community tucked away from busy streets and highways, Cedar Ridge. This 3 bedroom, 2 bath rancher that take advantage of the lot and all available natural light. There are hardwood floors in the main areas and tile in the bathrooms and laundry, heat-pump, HRV, natural gas to the fireplace, range, b...
Looking to find a place that fits your new lifestyle of comfort, relaxation and simplicity... Cedar Ridge has your new home. Built by John Carey, your new home will have the feel of a small quiet community tucked away from busy streets and Highways. This 3 bedroom 2 bath rancher is open concept at 1607 sqft with 9' ceilings, designer kitchen, kitchen appliance package, hardwood floors, heat pump, hrv, natural...
Lowest priced 20 acres on Northern Gulf Isls! Private & centrally located to ferry & amenities & adj to over 800 acres of Crown Land. A grassy driveway entrance on the E boundary leads to a path thru wonderful woodlands, many big trees & undergrowth of lush ferns. The trail leads to a storage building, a makeshift cabin with windows, skylight & wooden sleeping platform for 'fancy camping' while you build. The...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Grover Foreman, "Your Guide to Oceanside" is proud to be a representative licensee for Pemberton Holmes, the oldest and largest independent real estate company on Vancouver Island, and established in 1887, the oldest real estate company in North America. Pemberton Holmes is steeped in traditional values of community involvement, preservation, and conservation and still owned by the same founding family for over 130 years.
Grover has resided on Vancouver Island since 1972, with most of that time in the Oceanside district. Grover, a native of Virginia attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute and later the Chicago school of Watchmaking. His experience as owner manager of Shores Jewellers and later Foreman's Gems and Jewellery gave him a devotion and commitment to unparalleled customer service.
Grover's hobbies include restoring antique American railroad pocket watches and playing guitar and bass. Over the years he has played with several Oceanside music groups.
Grover is knowledgeable, honest, and dedicated. He has a sincere desire to serve his clients best interests when buying or selling real estate. He would be pleased to serve your family and become "Your Guide to Oceanside".
Contact Grover directly at 250-607-8771 or at firstname.lastname@example.org